Sunday, June 29, 2008

In the rainy day…(29th, June, 2008)

I took the TOEFL test under such a rainy day. Yes, now is in the right middle of the rainy season. Then does your country have rainy season? In my country, Japan, we call this season”梅雨(Tsu-yu).” The former Chinese letter shows the meaning of a kind of apricot tree. The latter one shows the meaning of rain. The reason why this term includes a name of tree is that the fruits of the Japanese apricot usually become ripe in the middle of June to the middle of July. And the span of the Tsu-yu is much shorter than other whether classified into the rainy season.

The Tsu-yu season is also identified as a season of depression. As you can guess, this means that many people tend to think negatively and easy to feel depression. But I think this is typical stereotype view. Actually, there are some people who enjoy this season, I think.

In my opinion, however, I don’t like this season so much. At the same time one productive aspect of this season is good for sleeping, reading books and watching movies at home:))

Peace

1 Comments:

At 3:02 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Hiro, I hope your TOEFL IBT went well, rain or not!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home