Thursday, July 03, 2008

Recent Study Topic (July 3rd, 2008)

The 3days passed from the beginning of July. This week, I spend my time for my seminar on 11th July. The reason why I focus on this class is that my seminar and another seminar of my major decided to hold the joint session on that day. And I’m a coordinator from my seminar.

Anyway, I’d like to introduce my seminar firstly. My seminar‘s instructing Professor is Prof. Masatsugu Naya; He is one of the authorities in the International Security in my country. His interests looks be wider than before, especially since he came to our University in 2006. So, the expression above may have been old yet. Then our seminar is officially interested in Global Governance (GG). But the topics with which students grapple are various such as the new-type Peace Building in Afghanistan, International Development policy for developing countries in South-Eastern Asia, Conflict Resolution in Somaliland, Redefinition of the Japan-U.S. Security Treaty and so on.

Let’s go back to the main stream. The topic is “How we make the Japan-US alliance and the cooperation among the countries in Asia are compatible?” Of course, we usually need some preparations for the session to discuss well within a limited time.

Now I indicate my 3members to investigate he topic like; “the fact and the history of the Japan-U.S. alliance,” “what is the benefits and demerits of the alliance for Japan?” and “What is the regional good or bad effects on Asian countries?” And also now I’m reading the books about Asian-Pacific cooperation in Security area and the origin of the Japanese foreign strategy for Asian-Pacific cooperation in security sphere.

These topics are quite interesting for me. Because probably it can be said that there have been somehow tendencies from late 90s to make the reason for this Japan-U.S. alliance existence broaden or enforced for the Asia- Pacific regional cooperation in security area.

I hope the session will end in the success for every participants.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Nina Liakos said...

Good luck with the seminar--it sounds very challenging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home